The Chosen Two Archive
A Buffy/Faith Fanfiction Community

The Chosen Two Archives

BROWSE BY:

Relationship [278]
Season [231]
Character
Genre

Archive Links:

Twitter
Awards
Tumblr
Links

Site Info

Members: 1528
Series: 20
Stories: 289
Chapters: 1547
Word count: 7905728
Authors: 58
Reviews: 2554
Reviewers: 156
Newest Member: BRBonobo
 

Search





What They Say by WhatoftheUnchosen
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +

 

 

After a good night’s slaying, the saying goes, one gets hungry and horny. Or, at least, that’s her saying. And maybe she says it a bit more crudely. But no one ever denied it. At least, not until now.

“Hey B,” she said, wrapping her arm around the smaller slayer’s waist, and leaning in close. “I know we must’ve gotten at least a dozen vamps, and that demon guy, tonight, but I still have some energy to burn off. If you wanna…”

After the First was defeated, Faith had quickly left Sunnydale, choosing instead to move to London, putting an ocean between her and her past, and hoping to learn more about what being a slayer means. It was the next step on her road to redemption, she had said. It helped that was never a shortage of things – or people – to do in London.

It was to her great surprise that Buffy showed up one day, having been running around the world, chasing a gang of Tâân demons intent on bringing on an apocalypse, needing a hand. The extra slayer, Buffy said, would come in handy. It was to Faith’s even greater surprise that she said yes, saying that if Buffy needed her help, she just needed to call. And it was to everyone’s greatest surprise that they came back to London together, and stayed together.

And so it was, after several months of living together, slaying together, eating together and sleeping together, that Buffy said the words no one ever wants to hear.

“Um, no, I don’t wanna. Not tonight, Faith.”

“Oh, okay,” Faith said, a little taken aback. Her expression quickly turned to concern, “That demon guy didn’t hurt you, did he? Because if he did I’ll go back and kick his ass a little more.”

“No, it’s not that.”

“Okay?”

“Faith,” the elder slayer said, taking a deep breath before continuing, “We need to talk.”

The younger slayer’s eyes instantly opened as wide as they could, and she took a step back from Buffy. “Um, yeah. Yeah, sure. We can talk,” she said, sounding a lot more nervous than she was trying to appear.

“Well, we’ve been dating for a few months now, and it’s working really well and everything, but…”

“But…?”

“Would you still be into me if I wasn’t a slayer?”

“Huh?” Faith stopped still in her tracks. “Are you sure that demon guy didn’t hit you on the head?”

“Well, I know you’ve always enjoyed slaying, and all that comes with it, but if I didn’t have any of the power?”

“B, even if being a slayer makes for great sex, I wouldn’t be sitting though all those stupid sappy love films you like if I just wanted sex.”

“Why is everything about sex with you? It’s not just that – if we couldn’t slay together, or train together, or if we weren’t connected that way?”

“Honestly, B, I should never have been a slayer. I’ve fucked up way too many times because of it. But when I got outta prison, I didn’t come back to Sunny D because another slayer was needed. I came back because you needed me.”

“Thank you.”

“I’m not as good at making speeches as you, but B, I love you. I don’t love the slayer. It’s you.”

“I know,” Buffy said, moving closer to grab Faith’s hand.

“And Buffy,” Faith said, her voice dropping to a whisper, “If I didn’t, I wouldn’t tell you about the nightmares or anything.”

“Oh Faith, I know,” the elder slayer said, pulling her girlfriend into a hug. “I know. I’m sorry. It was a stupid question.”

“Nah B,” the younger slayer replied, regaining a bit of her usual confidence, “It wasn’t stupid. I ask myself if you really going to stay all the time.”

“You do?”

“I do. But then I remember that I’m stubborn enough that you’re stuck with me.”

“I guess I am,” Buffy answered, laughing at Faith’s smirk.

“And plus, you’re not going find better sex anywhere else, so…”

“Again with the sex!”

“Well, we’ve been slaying. And you know what they say B…”

“What you say.”

“I’m not the only one who says it any more.”

“You’re a bad influence on the rest of the slayers.”

“Well, let me be a bad influence on you tonight.”

Buffy rolled her eyes, turning to look at Faith, before sighing, trying to hide the smile on her face. “All right then.”   

 


Chapter Views:




Please note: If you are using IE (particularly IE9) and having problems with the review form, try turning off text editor. Otherwise, try a different browser.